Subject: Request for Information on Decriminalisation of Illicit Drug Use for Minors
From: "Secretariat | CEP Probation" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2024 18:02:39 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear CEP members,

I hope this message finds you well.

We have received a request from Janis Nicmanis, Leading Expert of the 
Performance Analysis and Development Department, from State Probation 
Service of Latvia, seeking information regarding the decriminalisation of 
illicit drug use, specifically in relation to minors. The objective is to 
establish a more child-friendly legal framework to reduce minors' 
involvement in the penal system and promote successful resocialisation.

The specific questions are as follows:

1.	Has illicit drug use been decriminalised in your country? If so, do 
minors have different rules than adults?
2.	Does the national regulation stipulate any mandatory action for a minor 
caught using illicit drugs? For example, participation in an addiction 
prevention programme or medical consultation?

Please note that the deadline for responses is 31st July, and kindly send 
your responses directly to Janis Nicmanis at [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> .

Thank you for your cooperation and assistance in this matter.

Best regards,

Hannan

-

Ms Hannan Amnad

CEP communication officer

Workdays: Monday till Thursday

Confederation of European Probation

P.O. Box 8215 - NL-3503 RE  UTRECHT - The Netherlands

Telephone:   +31 302 324 900

 <http://www.cep-probation.org/> www.cep-probation.org | 
<http://eepurl.com/gcVN5z> Subscribe to our newsletter

Find us on social media:   <https://twitter.com/CEPprobation> Twitter | 
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/cep-probation> Linkedin | 
<https://www.facebook.com/CEPprobation> Facebook | 
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQ5eKjE83Nz9DvBHkHoTwQ> YouTube

upcoming events:

 <https://www.cep-probation.org/events/cep-workshop-on-mental-health-in-probation/>

 <https://www.cep-probation.org/events/13th-electronic-monitoring-beyond-control-electronic-monitoring-and-prevention/>

>> <https://www.cep-probation.org/events/webinar-on-technology/> Webinar on 
>> Technology - 19/9 - Registration is open

 <https://www.cep-probation.org/events/cep-international-training-school-on-core-correctional-skills-2023-4th-edition/> 
 >>International Training School on Core Correctional Skills – 7-11/10 - 
Registration is open

>> <https://www.cep-probation.org/events/cep-workshop-on-mental-health-in-probation/> 
>> Save the date - CEP & EuroPris Workshop on Foreign Nationals in Prison 
>> and Probation - Vienna, Austria - 29/10

>> <https://www.cep-probation.org/events/webinar-on-assessment/> Webinar on 
>> Assessment - 21/11 - Registration is open